CIO Award Finalist 2015
Speaker/Panelist 2018, 2016, 2015
How Blockchain Will Transform the Digital Economy (2016)
The Influence of Digital on CIO Leadership (2015)
Peter Nichol is a healthcare business and technology executive recognized for digital innovation. As Managing Director at OROCA Innovations, he leads the CXO advisory services practice driving digital strategies.
Mr. Nichol was honored as an MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award Finalist in 2015 and is a regular contributor to CIO.com on innovation. As Head of Information Technology, he was responsible for Connecticut’s Health Insurance Exchange’s (HIX) industry-leading digital platform transforming consumer and retail oriented services for the health insurance industry. He championed the Connecticut marketplace digital implementation with a transformational cloud-based SaaS platform and mobile application recognized as a 2014 PMI Project of the Year Award finalist and with awards for best digital services, API, and platform. Mr. Nichol also received a lifetime achievement award for leadership and digital transformation, honored as a 2016 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leader.
He has a BS in computer information systems from Bentley University and an MBA from Quinnipiac University, where he graduated summa cum laude. He earned his PMP® in 2001 and is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Certified Scrum Master.
- What CIOs need to know about getting started with blockchain (2018-06-13)
- Industry gurus tackle blockchain privacy and digital identity (2016-07-01)
- Experts wade through hype to shed light on blockchain security (2016-06-30)
- MIT Panelists Ponder Blockchain’s Tipping Point (2016-06-12)
- Blockchain use cases, private vs. public debate engross community (2016-06-08)
- Blockchain’s hype exceeds its grasp – for now (2016-06-07)
- Widespread Blockchain Adoption Will Take Time, Says MIT Panel (2016-05-18)
- An IT leader who believes in the impossible (2016-02-26)
- CIO role in digital projects hinges on understanding business models (2015-06-29)
- CIO forms strong business partnerships by explaining value of IT (2015-06-25)
- The digital CIO’s dilemma: Balancing efficiency gains and innovation (2015-06-23)
- C-level relationships, engagement key to CIO success (2015-06-16)
- Blurring the Lines Between IT and Business (2015-05-22)