CIO Award Judge 2018, 2017
CIO Award Winner 2016
Speaker/Panelist 2017, 2016
David Neitz is CIO at CDM Smith, a leading engineering and construction firm that provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. He is responsible for all aspects of the firm’s Business Technology practice, including a transformative Digital Capital strategy that creates value and delivers business outcomes. His focus on innovation has resulted in the application of new disruptive technologies and processes that capture digital assets and provide new visualization and collaboration capabilities, resulting in superior results for the firm’s clients.
Prior to joining CDM Smith, David was CIO for MWH Global where he transformed IT into a trusted business partner by focusing on business outcomes. In recognition of his accomplishments, David was selected by ComputerWorld magazine as one of their “Premier 100 IT Leaders” in 2011 and CIO magazine as their “Ones to Watch Award” for 2010. In addition David received the Standout award for “Change Leadership” by CIO Magazine. He holds an M.B.A from University of Colorado Executive MBA program.
“It is truly an honor to be selected as a MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award Finalist and to be associated with other passionate IT leaders,” said Neitz. “I am so proud of the Business Technology team and the business partners who work together every day to create value for our clients, using Digital Capital to transform the architecture, engineering and construction industry.”
- The future of workplace structure: Cross-functional teams, AI impact (2017-06-17)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Announces 2017 Leadership Award Nominations (2017-01-24)
- CIO Leadership Award winner practices three types of innovation (2016-06-22)
- CIO Minute: Cost transparency opens door to business value (2016-06-22)
- CIO Minute: Money isn’t the golden ticket to IT-business alignment (2016-06-21)
- MIT CIO 2016 winner drives business value with HoloLens technology (2016-06-20)
- Week-in-Review: Highlights from MIT Sloan CIO Symposium (2016-05-20)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Announces Winner of the 2016 CIO Leadership Award (2016-05-18)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Names Leading Chief Information Officers as Finalists for the 2016 CIO Leadership Award (2016-04-26)